Rich and I leave Wednesday afternoon to make the 5 hour drive to Rochester, MN to go to the Mayo Clinic. I will be seeing a sarcoma specialist for an hour starting at 0830. I will then be following up with a gyn surgeon at 1245. We will then be driving back home to Omaha after that. I have two appointments on Friday, March 27th here at Bergan Mercy. A follow up with my pulmonologist and then a meeting with my chemo doctor about what was discussed at the Mayo Clinic and schedule treatment to start again hopefully the next week.
The Mayo clinic did call Rich and ask if they could postpone our appointment for three months, but Rich assured them it was vital we kept our appointment. They thought I was still undergoing chemo treatment. Once they figured out the situation, they kept the appointment and made the second appointment with the surgeon as well. We hope to come home with some answers and a plan going forward.